( Written for What do you see # 199- August 14, 2023 #Whatdoyousee Or #WDYS )
Its was a half open door of independence,
Maybe a half-closed door of opportunities,
But, sure was a full closed door of self esteem,
And shadowed identity as nation,
That persisted for more than 115 years,
It was finally done away with 76 years back,
And, we commemorate that “tryst with destiny” on 15 August.
Good evening and see you next time.
Welcome back to another WDYS prompt, Rules-
- You can write a post on your blog and create a pingback to link to the original post.
- Write an original story, poem or a caption.
- There is no limit to words or format but keep it family-friendly.
- If you post a response before next Sunday, I will be able to add it to my roundup post.
- I will do a round-up next Sunday before the next Prompt is posted.
- It is always helpful if you can give your post/story/poem a title.
- There are issues with pingbacks in WordPress these days. So please paste a link of your post in the comments section so that I don’t miss anyone in the roundup post.
Please tag your responses with
Does the picture inspire you to write something?
For the visually challenged reader, this image shows a door to a residence. There is number-115 written on the top of the doorway. One side of the door is flung open. There is a shadow of a tree visible on the doorway.
Waiting eagerly for your responses.
Thanking you all for joining this prompt.